Saturday, April 08, 2006

Irving Yalom and Others

She will use little expressions and that will widen the abyss between us….She will say, "when I was a child" - or "when I am old" - or "never in all my life" - That stabs me, Mercury…. We miss something, Mercury - the poignancy of the transient - the intimation of mortality - that sweet sadness of grasping something you cannot hold. Jean Giraudeax - Amphitryon 38

Stalin gave me the impression of a grey blur which flickered obscurely and left no trace.
Nikolai Sukhanov

No man enjoys the true taste of life but he who is willing and ready to quit it. Seneca

Death is the condition that makes it possible for us to live authentically.

Responsibility avoiding defences:

  • innocent victim
  • losing control
  • out of my control

Only after one takes suicide seriously does one take one's life seriously. Irvin Yalom

To know and not to act is not to know at all. Japanese Proverb

No comments: